YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY
Your privacy is very important to us, and we promise never to disclose any information or personal details to third parties unless it is part of providing a service to you - for example, arranging delivery or processing a refund.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain information from you (address, e-mail address, credit card information and other personal details) which will all be kept on secure servers and will not be shared without your permission.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
2. information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
3. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
4. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, e-mail notifications and/or newsletters;
5. any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal data
7. We may use your personal information to:
a. administer the website;
b. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
c. enable your use of the services available on the website;
d. send to you goods purchased on the website, and supply to you services purchased on the website;
e. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
f. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
g. send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested;
h. send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology. (You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
i. provide third parties with statistical information about our users. This information will not be used to identify any individual user;
j. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
8. Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
9. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
11. In addition, we may disclose information about you:
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
International data transfers
14. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
15. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, through the internet, around the world.
16. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
17. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
18. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password-protected and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
19. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
20. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
23. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
24. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by e-mail at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
25. The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
26. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
28. We abide by the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.